Friday 6 November 2020

Why Am I Doing This?

In 1988, I was seventeen years old when I escaped Iran en route to Turkey. I was walking on the mountain with two smugglers and other individuals. Eventually, we reached Iran and Turkey border.  The lead smuggler told us that the road was the national boundary between Iran and Turkey. Custom Border Agents patrolled the road with their vehicles. We just had a brief window of opportunity to run the road one by one. I looked at my back for the last time; I knew that I would not be able to come back to Iran in my heart. I saw a few dim lights in the back and moving traffic lights. I had a flashback about the time the religious faction in Iran formed the Islamic Republic of Iran.


I remembered when Khomeini Hindi launched his reign of terror by purging the Imperial Iranian Armed Forces to prevent any military threat to his establishment. Later on, Khomeini aimed his sword at those individuals who spoke the language of reasons. Khomeini believed everyone must submit to him with total obedience because he was an Ayatollah or Sign of God. 


Khomeini Hindi issued a religious decree to his Revolutionary Guard and different branches of his para-military groups to cultivate an atmosphere of fear, fraud, and force. As a para-military group, I recalled when the para-military group rushed a house and kidnapped a bride. Some of the para-military individuals used their AK-47 by opening fire in the sky. The next day, we heard the story; the para-military group did not kidnap the bride but arrested her for having a wedding ceremony while Iranians became martyrs during Iran and Iraq War. 


The most horrific time came to my mind when the revolutionary forces staged a snatch attack at women who did not correctly wear their hejabs. The revolutionary troops used particular knives used for cutting carpets and splashed acids at women's' faces.   It was my first time in my life how one segment of society to have unlimited power to do whatever wanted, and others could not do anything to stop their brutality against them. 


The last thought came to my mind; I remembered how the mullahs thought of themselves and self-righteous individuals, and we were infidels. These self-righteous individuals cut back on social programs implemented by Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi. They allocated funds to harbor terrorism outside of Iran to build their Shia Cresent in the region.


I did not want to think anymore about what I experienced during the eight years of the Islamic Republic of Iran. I left Iran and Iranians in the grace of God.


From time to time, I heard atrocity stories like the killing field of Iranians in 1988.  the regime did not have one isolated killing field. Since its inception, the power killed, raped, and plundered as it could to cultivate an atmosphere of fear, fraud, and force. The regime in Iran took away the natural feeling of self-determination. The Western power remained silent while the administration was killings Iranians. The stories became sadder when Dr. Shapour Bakhtiar assassinate in France, Fereydoun Farrokhzad, assassinated in Germany. Even in Toronto, ON, once a person told me, the regime's agent grabbed a young man who was an activist and tossed him over the Danforth bridge. 


As time passed by, the stories of human rights became more heartbreaking. The stories are difficult to hear or watch them on YouTube. The story of Navid Afkari, Nader Mokhtari, Pouya Bakhtiari, and many more names cannot be forgotten.  Recently, the family of Iran-Nejad, attempted to reach England. However, they did not get England alive, and their fifteen months son Artin died, and his body was not retrieved from the water. 


I ask myself, how can I be silent when Iran and Iranians are dying? My honor does not allow me to remain indifferent to the pain and suffering of Iranians. This is what I am doing for Iran and Iranians; I am seeking peace for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review of “The Memoirs of Nasrollah Tavakoli, The First Chief of Staff of the Iranian Army after the Islamic Revolution,” published by Ibex Publishers Inc., in 2014 by Peyman Adl Dousti Hagh

  Book Review of “The Memoirs of Nasrollah Tavakoli, The First Chief of Staff of the Iranian Army after the Islamic Revolution,” published b...