Tuesday 24 November 2020

Go Get It

When I was a little boy, my family was encouraged to be either a doctor, a lawyer or an engineer. The older I became, the more I did not resonate with those aspirations. Something inside of me said that there was something else more important to me. I decided that I would not follow the money; I was going to follow my passion. The rewards that I have experienced by following my passion have been utterly unique to me. It is straightforward. If you want your life to change, you have to change. If you want your life to get better, you have to get better. Expecting different results by doing the same thing over and over again does not make sense to me. If you are continually improving on who you are and what you give, game over! How does a person become happy and stay happy? I have learned that progress equals happiness. Even if you are nowhere where you want to be, improving yourself every day and making progress will bring you tremendous satisfaction and happiness. When setting a goal, you must set up a commitment to fulfilling that goal. You need to follow through. Align your life with what is most important to you. Once you are aligned, you will have positioned yourself to take action. As you go for it, nothing will pull you away.

Progress comes when you tell yourself the truth, and you can feel the uncertainty and take action anyway. What stops some people is fear. Fear of failure. Fear of rejection. Fear of the unknown. This fear can translate to uncertainty. When I look at an incredibly successful person, a person who is truly a leader in their line or in their field, the one thing that they have in common is that they exclude this sense of certainty. Where does that come from? Is it innate? Are they lucky? Are things just going their way? I believe great leaders know how to bring certainty to any situation. Life does not control us. We control our lives. Whatever we focus on tremendously affects how we feel, whether we are thriving or surviving. If we focus on things that we cannot control, if we focus on yesterday, if we focus on what is missing in our lives, this habit can eventually make anybody feel frustrated, unmotivated, and uninspired. What we must do is focus on what we can control. Focus on the difference you can make. Ultimately, I believe life happens for us, not for us. Life gives us all that we can handle. Greatness is our birthright

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review of “The Memoirs of Nasrollah Tavakoli, The First Chief of Staff of the Iranian Army after the Islamic Revolution,” published by Ibex Publishers Inc., in 2014 by Peyman Adl Dousti Hagh

  Book Review of “The Memoirs of Nasrollah Tavakoli, The First Chief of Staff of the Iranian Army after the Islamic Revolution,” published b...