Sunday 7 March 2021

Justice Denied is the Canadian Way

Do not judge me as you are reading this personal reflection of me about Canada. You did not experience life as I did in Canada. You do not know what it feels like being Iranian, and people judge you base on your ascribed status. People continuously judge me base on the movie "Not Without My Daughter." They think I abuse women. I never beat anyone. 

The first thing people tell me, I speak the English language with an accent. It is a source of pride for them that they are better than me. However, they speak with an accent, too. There is no universal pronunciation of English words. For example, the people of Ottawa pronounced the name of Ottawa is different from people in the province of British Columbia. 


Employers denied employment to me because I spoke the English language with an accent. Even, I accomplished my academic credentials from Canada and had life-experience like being a refugee match the job description. 


When I wanted to commute from Mission, British Columbia (BC) to Vancouver (BC), I used a West Coast Express train. One day, I noticed white people do not sit beside me on the train. At that moment, I had an epiphany; I realized I was in big trouble with gaining employment. I never will be able to gain employment in my field of study, a social science. White people controlled the economic activities; they wanted to share a close proximately with me. Why should they hire me and spend five days a week, eight hours a day with me? 


The other issue that I noticed Canadians do not like about me, they accuse me of being proud. I was not doing anything. I thought about what they told me. I concluded that they want me to be their slave. They developed this notion about Iranians that we were a bunch of backward people. 


The fear of not gaining employment in my study and white people controlled the economic activities became a reality. In 2002, I graduated from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Arts-Sociology. When are white Canadians asking me about my education? And I tell them, I have a degree from Canada, they get mad at me. White people said to me on my face, I was the first generation and had to suffer like others.


I had lived in cold places all my life and won't be going through the details. Living in cold areas caused my nose to bleed because I was going under the blanket and when I came out of the blanket and took a bath, my nose bleed. 


In 2016, I could not handle the cold temperature in my apartment. I gained employment with V.I.P Soap factory in Mission, BC. I began to work there as general labour. It was hard physical labour. I worked four days a week, ten hours a day. I worked for several months, and the employer did not give me a mask to wear on my face. I could see the WorkSafe BC inspector was checking the factory. Inside, the factory did not have ventilation, and a cloud of white smoke was visible to the naked eyes inside the factory. The inspector walked through the white cloud and did not bother him.


I noticed my health was getting to the worst; I had dizzy feelings, my skin began to have blisters. I wrote a letter to Mark Bozman, son of Keith Bozman and wrote a pastoral letter. They read the bible and attended church every Sunday. The letter thanked them for giving me the job, and the bible stipulated to be a good neighbour. I received a letter from Mark that he had an office job for me as quality assurance.


I was a desperate person. I needed a job. I wanted to break the cycle of poverty. I wanted to live a good life. I was tired of going to the Salvation Army to pick-up food. I accepted the offer. 


I did not know much about the job. The head of that department was Mai Pham, who berated and belittled me every day. She yelled, screamed at me at every moment. Eventually, Bozman told me I could not do the job and fired me. 


I filed for Employment Insurance (EI)to have money to pay my rent. I noticed I did not hear any news from the EI. I went to the EI's office. I was afraid of going there. I spoke with an agent on the phone who told me that I was fired from my work and the EI denied to me. I began to cry on the phone that I quitted the job because the factory's chemical caused health issues to me. However, the factory owner offered me an office job, and I took the job because I have a university degree and wanted to skip the cycle of poverty. I told the agent that I had a doctor's note about my illness. The agent asked me for the doctor's note. I left the building to go to get a doctor's note. When I was walking on the sidewalk, my legs did not have the energy or strength to move me. My legs began to hitting to each other, and I fell to the ground. I cried; I remembered how Mai Pham was verbally abusing me, how Mark and Keith Bozman tricked me.


I told my doctor and needed a note that the doctor saw my skin and prescribed medication. The doctor wrote a letter to me to submit to the EI. The doctor told me the VIP offered a job to me so their insurance premium would not go up. 


I submitted the doctor's note to the EI. I received the EI. However, my health condition turned worst. I developed fatty liver, my skin was bleeding, and I had surgery to remove my gallbladder. 


I could not hire a lawyer because the first visit is $500.00 CDN. I did not have money to talk to a lawyer. I could not do anything.


I told WorkSafe BC about the incident. The WorkSafe BC told me to get lost. 


When US President Donald Trump said Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau had a special place in hell, Mr. Trump was not lying. This is how Canadians are; they lie about everything, very deceptive, and cannot be trusted. They are sitting on the right side of Satan and teach Satan how to deceive others.


Copyright © 2021 Peyman ADL DOUSTI HAGH

All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review of "The Memoirs of Nasrollah Tavakoli, The First Chief of Staff of the Iranian Army after the Islamic Revolution," published by Ibex Publishers Inc., in 2014 by Peyman Adl Dousti Hagh

  Book Review of “The Memoirs of Nasrollah Tavakoli, The First Chief of Staff of the Iranian Army after the Islamic Revolution,” published b...